Achieve your goals with this breath-taking 17 day Everest base camp trek from Kathmandu!
See the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Patan Durbar Square in Kathmandu, trek through Rhododendron and magnolia trees to Pakhding, discover the village of Namche Bazaar, the Sherpa ‘capital’ of Nepal and get the chance to see Himalayan Thar, Musked deer or pheasants on your way to Tengboche.
Following our arrival at Gorakshep, we commence the trek to Everest Base Camp, tucked into the mountainside under the sparkling Khumbu Icefall. The highlight for most comes with the ascent to KalaPathar where the best views of Everest and its neighbouring peaks is found!
See the full itinerary here
Your package includes return international airfares, expert guides and porters, breakfast daily, sightseeing and more!
See the What You Get section for more.
Itinerary is not available at the moment. Plase contact customer services on 1300 769 503.
Your package includes return international airfares, expert guides and porters, breakfast daily, sightseeing and more…
- Return international airfares with a full service airline
- Return Kathmandu – Lukla airfares
- All transfers
- Accommodation in superior hotels in Kathmandu
- Twin share lodge accommodation while trekking
- Highly experiences guide & porters (1 porter for 2 people)
- All breakfasts & a welcome dinner
- All national park fees
See the full itinerary here
Please see ‘Fine Print’ for travel period.
18 May 2017
4 June 2017
18 June 2017
4 July 2017
18 July 2017
4 August 2017
18 August 2017
4 September 2017
18 September 2017
4 October 2017
18 October 2017
4 November 2017
18 November 2017
18 January 2018
4 February 2018
18 February 2018
4 March 2018
18 March 2018
4 April 2018
18 April 2018
4 May 2018
18 May 2018
4 June 2018
18 July 2018
4 August 2018
18 August 2018
4 September 2018
18 September 2018
4 October 2018
18 October 2018
4 November 2018
18 November 2018
- Return economy airfare with China Southern Airlines (Malaysia Airlines, Thai Airways or Etihad Airways if unavailable)
- Adelaide – A $300 interstate surcharge applies per person. You will be flown to Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane first to join your international flight.
- Perth – A $600 interstate surcharge applies per person. You will be flown to Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane first to join your international flight.
- Please purchase the interstate fee from the extras page or after you click the Buy Now button in addition to your 17 Day voucher. We are unable to guarantee which airline you will travel with as flights will be booked subject to promotional fare availability for your travel dates.
- We are unable to guarantee which airline you will travel with as flights will be booked subject to promotional fare availability for your travel dates.
- Customers wishing to choose their preferred airline – please purchase your voucher first and request your preferred airline in the ‘special requests’ field when submitting your booking form. Webjet Exclusives will then advise if any surcharges are payable. Should you be unhappy with the additional surcharge amount, you will be provided with a full refund of your voucher.
- Including minimum 23kg of checked baggage per passenger (actual limit is subject to airline).
- One return airfare is supplied per voucher
- Names cannot be changed once flights have been booked. Once we receive your form and your dates are available, your booking will be completed – no further changes will be possible.
- The airfare remains non-refundable at all times.
- Some flights may depart a day before/after, involve up to 2 transits, stopover or a substitute airline. These changes are beyond our control and will be confirmed upon booking.
- Once your flights are confirmed and ticketed, flights are non-refundable and non-changeable. Full names (First, Middle & Surname) as per passport must be provided for ticketing.
- Please Note, flight itineraries will not be provided until 30 days prior to departure. If your travel dates are within 30 days of purchase you will be provided with your itinerary within 7 days.
Single Supplement: $399 per person in addition to the twin share price. To purchase your single supplement please click here
Group Size: 2 – 10 people
Kathmandu – Lukla Flights: Because Lukla airport is sensitive to changing weather conditions and the chance of a delay or cancellation of the flight is always there due to unforeseen circumstances. Please be advised on odd occasions Helicopter charter flights might need to be arranged if the regular flights are cancelled or delayed by a few days. It is strongly advised you check your travel insurance policy covers you for unforeseen delayed travel and any additional costs incurred. In the event flights are cancelled or delayed more than 2 days, we will divert your trek to Annapurna Base Camp alternative. An Everest scenic flight would be included for the betterment of your trip at no additional charge.
Porters: For the trek we’ll have one porter for two people. The weight limit for the trek is 10-13 kgs per person. Before the trek, we will store all our excess baggage in Kathmandu at hotel or alternatively at our office and only take what we require on the trek.
Guides/Leaders: Our local Nepali team is one of the most experienced, hospitable and respected trekking outfits in Nepal. The team is fully licensed and affiliated with the Trekking Agency’s Association of Nepal (TAAN), Nepal Mountaineering Association, Nepal Tourism Board, Govt. of Nepal, Sustainable Tourism Network, Himalayan Rescue Association and Kathmandu Environmental Educational project. With over 7 years of experience, well trained, friendly guides, and courteous porters, you are assured of a wonderfully memorable experience.
Fitness: The trek will be in a very wonderful part of the Everest region. Expect to trek about 5-7 hours daily or about 10-14 kms per day. It is recommended that you prepare for the trek by suitable training such as climbing hills or stairs, jogging, and spending some time in the gym to improve your stamina for a few months prior to the trek. If you are quite fit and do sufficient training prior to arriving in Nepal the trek will be enjoyable, and it is suitable for fit people into their 60’s with a good level of fitness. If you have health issues please consult your doctor about the advisability of going on the trek. The highest altitude we reach is 5545 meters at Kala Patthar which offers a breathtaking view of many of the World’s greatest peaks. It is magnificent! Any trekking equipment such as walking poles, water bottles, and rucksack is very easily available in Kathmandu near our hotel.
Altitude sickness: Altitude sickness is indiscriminatory side effect of high altitudes which can effect both the extremely fit or unfit. Effects of altitude on the human body begin to appear at 1500 meters above sea level. It is possible that travellers at this altitude (and higher) may experience symptoms of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) also known as altitude sickness. It is very important that all travellers are aware of, and able to recognize, signs and symptoms of altitude on their body. In some instances trekkers will require medi-vac by helicopter or other means. Be sure your insurance policy specifically covers helicopter evacuation. Also check that your insurance policy does not exclude mountaineering or alpinism or you may have a difficult time settling a claim.
Meals: Lunch and dinner can be purchased in Kathmandu and on trekking days (each items cost about USD $3 – $7, depending on where you eat)
Children: Minimum age 14 years old.
- A deposit of $1,200 per person plus any applicable surcharges are due at the time of purchase in order to secure your date
- Voucher valid for 1 person (must purchase 2 vouchers)
- Once your travel dates are booked and confirmed, no cancellations or amendments are permitted and the deposit becomes strictly non-refundable
- Book early to secure your desired date
- If your travel date is within 180 days, you will be emailed an invoice shortly after purchase. You will then have 7 days from invoice date to arrange final payment to secure your dates. If payment is not received within 7 days, your booking will be cancelled and the deposit will remain non-refundable.
- If your travel date is greater than 180 days from purchase, a final invoice will be emailed to you prior to 180 days. If payment is not received by 180 days prior to your travel date, you booking will be cancelled and the deposit will remain non-refundable.
Stay behind surcharge: If you wish to extend your trip, a $100 per person breakaway charge will apply (subject to availability and applicable fare difference). Please purchase your voucher first and Webjet Exclusives will invoice the additional supplement charge when finalising your booking.
Extending your trip: If you wish to alter or extend your trip, please purchase your voucher first and submit a request on your booking form. Webjet Exclusives will then provide quotations for any alterations or extensions. Should you wish to proceed any additional charges will be collected. However if you are unhappy with the options a full refund of the voucher will be provided.
Visas: Visas are not included. It is the traveller’s responsibility to ensure they meet the visa requirements for the country they are visiting. Webjet Exclusives is unable to provide visa advice.
Note: Our 21 Day Money Back Guarantee allows you to claim a full refund any time within 21 days of your purchase – unless of course you have made your booking. If you have made your booking and confirmed your details with our supplier at any time, your purchase will then be non-refundable.
Any deposits paid at the time of purchase are non-refundable.