Combining magical modernity with traditional marvels, Japan is welcoming, exciting and fascinating. From the varied and beautiful landscapes, to the delicious cuisine and the meticulous people that give this place that “buzz”, Japan should definitely be on your must-see list.
Experience what makes Japan so wonderful with a 9 day Impressions of Japan tour. Discover impressive temples in Kyoto, see stunning wild deer in Nara Park, take in the spectacular Himeji Castle in Osaka and Inuyama Castle in Nagoya, admire Mt Fuji and experience bustling Tokyo.
Your package includes return international flights, accommodation, breakfast daily, professional tour guide, in-depth sightseeing & more! Cherry Blossom dates available!
Day 1: Australia –– Osaka
Today board your flight for Japan! Take an international flight from Australia to Osaka via a connecting city.
Day 2 – Osaka (B)
Arrive in Osaka. Your friendly tour guide will be waiting at the airport to transfer you to the airport hotel.
Day 3 – Osaka – Kyoto – Nara – Osaka (B)
This morning, travel to Kyoto and visit the Fushimi Inari Shrine and the Nijo castle before heading to Nara. Visit Todaiji (Great Eastern Temple), with its Great Buddha Hall – the world’s largest wooden building. This impressive building houses the world’s largest (15m) bronze statue of the Buddha Vairocana. Wander through Nara Park, where over 1,200 wild sika deer roam free. We then travel back to Osaka.
Day 4: Osaka (B)
Spend today free at your own leisure.
You may like to spend the day visiting one of the most spectacular Japanese aquariums, Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan; or taking a day trip to Hyogo to visit Himeji Castle, a unique enormous Japanese castle decorated in white.
Day 5 – Osaka – Nagoya (B)
This morning, we head to Nagoya and visit the Inuyama Castle, overlooking the Kiso River and is one of only 12 original Japanese castles. We then visit Atsuta shrine is one of Shinto’s most important shrines before enjoying a shopping time at the Osu Kannon shopping quarter. Transfer to your hotel in the evening.
Day 6 – Nagoya – Mt Fuji – Tokyo(B)
Today, visit Oshino Hakkai. Known as the springs of Mount Fuji, the eight ponds are fed by melting snow filtering down from the slopes of nearby Mount Fuji, through porous layers of lava, resulting in very clear spring water that is revered by locals. Afterwards, visit Gotemba Peace Park to capture a breathtaking view of Mount Fuji, and Hakone Shrine. Standing at the foot of Mount Hakone along the shores of Lake Ashi, the shrine buildings are hidden in dense forest. Finally, visit Owakudani before heading to Tokyo.
Day 7 – Tokyo (B)
Spend today free at your leisure.
You might like to spend the day at Tokyo Disneyland or DisneySea (admission $120) or you can join the Nikko Day Tour ($250). Alternatively, you can join a wide range of optional activities such as: tea ceremony, pottery-making experience, ‘golden joinery’, kimono photo shoot and cooking classes. All activities are not guided and transportation is self-arranged.
Day 8 – Tokyo –– Australia (B)
Today, transfer to the airport to board your flight via a connecting city to Australia.
Day 9 – Australia
Arrive Australia this morning.
- Return international airfares with a full service airline
- Return airport transfers
- 6 nights local 3 star hotel accommodation
- Delicious daily breakfast
- Private coach transportation & the services of a professional English speaking guide
- In depth sightseeing as per the itinerary
- All site entry fees
- All tipping and gratuities
- Cherry Blossom travel dates available
- Enjoy free time to discover Osaka at your own pace
- Visit the Great Eastern Temple in Nara with its Great Buddha Hall – the world’s largest wooden building
- Feed the gentle sika deer at Nara Park
- Visit Nagoya’s Inuyama Castle
- Explore Osu Shopping Street’s 1200 shops and restaurants
- Drink from clear springs at the foothills of Mount Fuji
- Immerse yourself in vibrant Tokyo
How to book:
To book your Tour:
- Within 72 hours of completing your booking request online you will receive an email from our Travel Partner which will include a link to complete their mandatory booking form.
- Our Travel partners booking form must be completed to secure your requested travel date.
- If your requested date of departure is not available, the tour supplier will contact you directly.
- Completion of this booking form will allow the tour supplier to secure air tickets and tour components.
- Voucher valid for 1 person(must purchase 2 vouchers)
- A deposit of $199 per person are due at the time of purchase in order to secure your date.
- Final Payment is due 120 days prior to travel. If you book within 120 days of travel, you will be sent an invoice within 7 days for final payment.
- Up to 12 Months Interest Free available: https://exclusives.webjet.com.au/up-to-12-months-interest-free/
- Invoices will be emailed to you in advance and it is your responsibility to ensure payments are made prior to the due date
- Should payment not be received by the due date, your booking will be cancelled and all prior payments will remain strictly non-refundable.
- Your tour is subject to availability at the time of your booking. We advise you to book early to avoid disappointment.
- Travel Insurance
- Personal Expenses
- Anything not mentioned or ‘optional’ in the itinerary
Documentation will be provided after final payment is complete and within 7 to 14 days of travel, including E-Ticket instructions, hotel confirmation, itinerary extension & optional tour confirmation (where applicable) and destination travel tips.
$900 per person in addition to the twin share price. Payable direct at the time of booking to Nexus Holidays
Group Size: 2-48
Triple Share: Not available
The accommodation listed below may be subject to change, but will remain of a similar or higher standard. Any changes remain beyond our control and all efforts are made to communicate these as soon as possible. We endeavour to always book non-smoking rooms however these cannot be guaranteed.
Osaka airport – Bellevue Garden Kansai Airport or similar
Osaka – Hotel Alexander Namba or similar
Nagoya – Loisir hotel Toyohashi or similar
Tokyo – Rose garden Shinjuku or similar
Please note that hotel rooms in Japan are smaller in sizes compare to other countries
Child Price: Same price as adults – Minimum age 2 years
For Visa assistance, please visit Webjet’s Travel Visa Service page
Travel Insurance: Help cover yourself for the unexpected with great value Webjet Travel Insurance, we highly recommend it. Click here for a quote
Any deposits paid at the time of purchase are non-refundable.
20 March 2019**
27 March 2019**
03 April 2019**
10 April 2019
17 April 2019
08 May 2019
22 May 2019
5 June 2019
19 June 2019
10 July 2019
24 July 2019
07 August 2019
21 August 2019
28 August 2019
04 September 2019
06 November 2019^
13 November 2019
** Cherry blossom surcharge $300 per person
Surcharges payable direct to Nexus Holidays
^The end of Oct through early Nov is the best time to see crimson leaves in Autumn.
Please note: Cherry Blossoms and Crimson Leaves are highly seasonal and subject to climate conditions. These are historically the best times to view the blooms, but we can’t guarantee they will flower on these dates. Please refer to historical bloom dates here: http://www.jnto.go.jp/sakura/eng/index.php
Bookings not accepted when within 65 days of departure
Surcharges may apply to some dates, please see the availability calendar for more details
Availability on Departure Dates listed in Fine Print is subject to change. True availability is shown on the availability calendar after clicking on the BUY NOW button
- Return economy airfares departing Sydney or Melbourne with a full service Chinese carrier, China Southern, China Eastern, Air China, China Airlines or similar
- Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth– A $300 per person interstate surcharge applies. Payable direct to Nexus Holidays
- Customers may be flown to Sydney or Melbourne to join their international flights.
- Interstate surcharge can be paid when completing your booking with Nexus Holidays
- Including minimum 20kg of checked baggage per passenger (actual limit is subject to airline).
- One return airfare is supplied per voucher
- Names cannot be changed once flights have been booked.
- The airfare remains non-refundable at all times.
- Note that the total length of the package includes time spent in flight as specified in the itinerary
- Some flights may depart a day before/after, involve up to 2 transits, stopover or a substitute airline. These changes are beyond our control and will be confirmed upon booking.
- Once your flights are confirmed and ticketed, flights are non-refundable and non-changeable. Full names (First, Middle & Surname) as per passport must be provided for ticketing.
- Please Note, flight itineraries will not be provided until 1-2 weeks before departure.
Stay behind surcharge:
If you wish to extend your trip, from $250 per person per breakaway charge will apply (subject to availability and applicable fare difference) payable to Nexus Holidays. Your stay behind request must be submitted when completing your booking form.