- Return Qantas flights, with 15kg checked in baggage
- 13 nights superior, 3-star twin share accommodation
- Breakfast daily, plus a welcome and farewell dinner
- Bullet train travel from Osaka to Kyoto
- Dedicated air-conditioned coach transportation with English speaking tour guides throughout
- Arrival airport shuttle and departure transfer
- All monument entrance fees as per the itinerary
- 2020 travel dates available
- Exclusive offer! Book now and get $100 spending money for your trip when you open an HSBC Everyday Global Account*, visit our Promotions page for more detail
- Be awe-struck by one of the world’s largest collections of UNESCO Heritage Sites in Kyoto
- Visit Nara Park where over 1,200 wild deer are considered sacred and roam the park
- Experience the technological marvel that is the Shinkansen Bullet Train
- Step back in time in Takayama and observe the traditional Japanese wooden house still used to this day
- Travel to Shirakawa, one of the best preserved rural villages in Japan
- Visit one of the 3 great feudal castles of the Edo Period, and considered a Japanese national treasure – Matsumoto Castle
- Marvel at the picture perfect Mt Fuji and the surrounding Hakone area
- Experience all Tokyo has to offer and be mesmerised by one of the World’s great cities
Take in the historical and cultural wonders of the Land of the Rising Sun with a 15 day Discover Japan tour.
Touch down in Osaka and use this vibrant city as a launchpad for a day trip to Nara, the home of Todaiji Temple and Nara Park, with its famous herd of 1200-strong free-roaming deer (regarded as messengers of the gods by locals!). See Osaka Castle and the lights, restaurants and atmosphere of Dōtonbori upon return back to Osaka. Also get to know your travelling companions over a welcome dinner while in the area! Experience one of Japan’s most brilliant innovations with a bullet train trip to Kyoto, Japan’s former ancient capital city. Weave between temples, shrines, palaces and gardens, and be on the lookout for secretive geisha as you take in sights such as Kinkaku-ji, Nijo Castle, Togetsukyo Bridge and the other-worldly Bamboo Grove.
Get a glimpse of what life was like for samurai in the Nagamachi Buke Yashiki district of Kanazawa, and also wander the grounds of Kenroku-en Garden and tour Omicho Market while in the city. Soak up the atmosphere of an atypical small village in Shirakawa-go, tour the open-air Hida Mura Folk Village museum in Takayama, visit Zenkōji Temple in Nagano, and admire the striking sight of Matsumoto Castle. Admire the often snow-capped peak of Mt. Fuji and take in the beauty of the Fuji Five Lakes area with a trip up to Mt Fuji Fifth Station. See the area from Gotemba Peace Park and from the waters of Lake Ashi while aboard a scenic cruise. Finally, set your sights on the lights, legacy and landmarks of Tokyo. Your time in the Japanese capital is your own, and can be devoted to the discovery of whatever pursuits you like, no matter if it is visits to temples and shrines, gastronomic adventures to street food markets or fine dining restaurants, or missions to encounter experiences for which Tokyo is so well known – cat cafes, robot restaurants, and more.
Want to see more of Japan? Extend the trip to a 17 day itinerary to include time in Hiroshima and Himeji.
As seen on Webjet’s A Taste of Travel:
How to book:
- Bookings essential
- Voucher valid for 1 person (must purchase 2 vouchers)
- Once booked and confirmed, no cancellations permitted
- Must book at least 90 days prior to departure.
- Book early to secure your desired date and time
- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide & Perth:
- 15 day itinerary – $1,550 deposit per person
- 17 day itinerary – $1,630 deposit per person
- In addition to the deposit, peak season and interstate surcharges (if applicable) are all due at the time of booking and will be reflected at checkout.
- If you are a solo traveller, single supplements will be collected by our Travel Partner after the booking has been made
- Final payment is due 120 days prior to travel and will be collected by our Travel Partner. If you book within 120 days of travel, you will be sent an invoice within 7 days for final payment
- Invoices will be emailed to you in advance and it is your responsibility to ensure payments are made prior to the due date
- All payments received are strictly non-refundable and non-transferrable
- Should payment not be received by the due date, your booking will be cancelled and all prior payments will remain strictly non-refundable
- Your tour is subject to availability at the time of booking. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
Excludes: Travel insurance, Visas, Personal expenses, Anything not mentioned or “optional” in the itinerary.
- Discover Japan – $1,750 per person in addition to the twin share price
- Discovery Japan with Hiroshima – $1,950 per person in addition to the twin share price
Payable direct to our Travel Partner at the time of booking.
Group Size: 10 – 45 people
Children: Minimum age 2 years. Same price as adults.
Triple Share: Not available
Osaka: Hotel Plaza Osaka or similar
Kyoto: Kyoto Plaza Hotel or similar
Kanazawa: Hotel Route-Inn Kanazawa Ekimae or similar
Takayama: Washington Hotel Plaza Takayama or similar
Matsumoto: Dormy Inn Matsumoto or similar
Mt Fuji: Hotel Alexander Yamanakako or similar
Tokyo: Apa Hotel Asakusa or similar
Osaka: Izumisano Centre Hotel or similar
Horishoma: Hotel New Hiroden or similar
Please note: Unlike western hotels, Japanese rooms can be small in size, only offer twin bedding or have limited in-room facilities like tea & coffee or satellite TV.
Land Only: Not available
Travel Insurance: Help cover yourself for the unexpected with Webjet Travel Insurance, we highly recommend it. Click here for a quote.
Visas: Visas are not included. It is the traveller’s responsibility to ensure they meet the visa requirements for the country they are visiting. Webjet Exclusives is unable to provide visa advice.
For Visa assistance, please visit Webjet’s Travel Visa Service page
$100 spending money offer valid for any Webjet Exclusives tour or resort booking made at www.exclusives.webjet.com.au. Eligible bookings will receive a unique account application link from Webjet Exclusives via email within 72 hours of making a booking. Any HSBC Everyday Global Account applications not made via this link or if the booking is cancelled, the offer will not be fulfilled/paid. One (1) offer will be paid per booking. The offer is a 100 AUD deposit into the newly opened HSBC Everyday Global Accounts and the activated Visa Debit card. The offer may take up to 6 weeks to be fulfilled/paid. Webjet Exclusives reserves the right to withdraw this promotion at any time. The email address entered at the time of booking will be used as the primary contact. Webjet Exclusives’ standard booking terms and conditions apply. For more information go to www.hsbc.com.au/accounts/offers/everyday-global/webjet/