It won’t take you long to realise why Japan is one of the most travel popular destinations in the world once you begin to discover its incredible culture, ancient sights and dynamic cities on this 13 day Classic Japan tour.
Touch down in Tokyo, the beating heart of Japan, and begin your exploration of a city that is the ultimate juxtaposition between old-world customs and new-age technologies. Become acquainted with this metropolis on a half-day sightseeing tour – which includes Tsukiji Fish Market, Shibuya Crossing and Tokyo Bay – and then delve deeper into Tokyo’s wonders with a whole day of free time.
Move from Tokyo to the region surrounding Mt. Fuji. Peer into one of the pools at Oshino Hakkai and test your photography acumen by snapping shots of the snow-capped peak from Oishi Park. Step aboard one of Japan’s most thrilling innovations – the bullet train – for the high-speed journey to Kyoto. Gaze at the gold-inlaid flooring at Golden Pavilion and mosey through the tranquil tree-lined Bamboo Grove. Make new furry friends by hand-feeding some of the resident deer in Nara Park and learn about the history of Osaka Castle. Then savour the taste of Japan’s acclaimed cuisine by spending time in Dotonbori, one of Osaka’s most bustling precincts.
Day 1: Australia – – Tokyo
Make for the airport, passport in hand, and board a flight to Japan!
Please note that some Qantas flights may depart one day later.
Day 2: Tokyo
Your flight lands in Tokyo, Japan today. Go to the bus terminals to take the airport shuttle that will drop you at your hotel.
Day 3: Tokyo (B)
Head out onto the streets of Tokyo this morning to be shown the major sights on a half-day city tour. One of the first stops is the 243-metre-tall Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building Observatory. Stepping out into the iconic Shibuya Crossing is also on the agenda. Get a taste for local cuisine at the Tsukiji Fish Market and then seek out Odaiba for some incredible views across Tokyo Bay. The tour finishes with a walk through one of Tokyo’s oldest temples, Asakusa Kannon Shrine. The afternoon is then at your leisure.
Day 4: Tokyo (B)
You have the whole day as free time so keeping ticking off some of the city’s most famous sites.
Day 5: Tokyo – Mt Fuji (B)
Today heralds the journey towards your next destination: Mt. Fuji. Enjoy a full-day tour of the area around Japan’s most famous peak. The itinerary includes Oshino Hakkai, a cluster of eight snow-fed springs that are revered by locals (and the tourists that come to admire its beauty). Take more photos of Mt Fuji from a different vantage point at Oishi Park.
Day 6: Mt. Fuji – – Kyoto (B)
You will see the Golden Pavilion (Kinkaku-ji) with its gold-covered floors and distinctive architecture styles. Stop by Arashiyama District and then tick off seeing Togetsukyo Bridge, the crossing that has been the landmark of Kyoto for more than 400 years. Mosey through Bamboo Grove afterwards.
Day 7: Kyoto (B)
You have today as free time to discover Kyoto’s charms at your leisure.
Day 8: Kyoto (B)
Make the most of your last full day in Kyoto to sneak in more sightseeing and discovery of this incredible city.
Day 9: Kyoto – Nara – Osaka (B)
Head to Osaka for a full-day tour of the city and nearby Nara. You will visit Todaiji Temple, one of Japan’s most famous temples and home to the gargantuan bronze statue of Buddha. Then take a walk through Nara Park, a public green space home to a herd of 1200 free-roaming deer. Hand-feeding the inquisitive deer is a favourite pastime of visitors to the park. Stop at Osaka Castle before finishing the day in Dotonbori, a vibrant area known for its food culture.
Day 10: Osaka (B)
You have a free day to discover Osaka however you like.
Day 11: Osaka (B)
Continue exploring Osaka with a full day of leisure time. Tonight is your final evening in Japan.
Day 12: Osaka –– Australia (B)
You will be taken to the airport at the appropriate time to board a return flight to Australia.
Day 13: Australia
Arrive home today.
- Return Qantas flights, plus return airport transfers
- 10 nights’ twin share accommodation
- Delicious breakfast daily
- Bullet train travel from Mt. Fuji to Kyoto
- Dedicated air-conditioned coach transportation
- All monument entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Be awe-struck by one of the world’s largest collections of UNESCO Heritage Sites in Kyoto
- Visit Nara Park where over 1,200 wild deer are considered sacred and roam the park
- Marvel at the picture perfect Mt Fuji
- Visit Todaiji Temple, one of Japan’s most famous temples
- Ride the bullet train from Mt. Fuji to Kyoto
- Enjoy this relaxed paced itinerary with free time in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka to allow you to enjoy these fabulous cities at your own pace
How to book:
To book your tour:
- Bookings essential
- Voucher valid for 1 person (must purchase 2 vouchers)
- Once booked and confirmed, no cancellations permitted
- Must book at least 90 days prior to departure
- Book early to secure your desired date and time
- A deposit of $1010/1360 per person is due at the time of purchase in order to secure your date
- Final payment is due 120 days prior to travel. If you book within 120 days of travel, you will be sent an invoice within 7 days for final payment
- Up to 12 Months Interest Free available: https://exclusives.webjet.com.au/up-to-12-months-interest-free/
- Invoices will be emailed to you in advance and it is your responsibility to ensure payments are made prior to the due date
- Should payment not be received by the due date, your booking will be cancelled and all prior payments will remain strictly non-refundable
- Your tour is subject to availability at the time of your booking. We advise you to book early to avoid disappointment
Excludes: Travel insurance, visas, personal expenses, anything not mentioned or “optional” in the itinerary
Single Supplement: $1500 per person in addition to the twin share price.
Payable direct to our travel partner at the time of booking.
Group Size: 10 – 30 people.
Children: Minimum age 2 years. Same price as adults.
Triple Share: Not available.
Tokyo – Hearton Hotel Higashishinagawa or similar
Mt Fuji – Hotel Hana Isawa or similar
Kyoto – Karasuma Kyoto Hotel or similar
Osaka – Hotel Vischio Amagasaki or similar
Please note: Unlike western hotels, Japanese rooms can be small in size, only offer twin bedding or have limited in-room facilities like tea and coffee or satellite TV.
Travel Insurance: Help cover yourself for the unexpected with Webjet Travel Insurance, we highly recommend it. Click here for a quote.
Visas: Visas are not included. It is the traveller’s responsibility to ensure they meet the visa requirements for the country they are visiting. Webjet Exclusives is unable to provide visa advice.
For visa assistance, please visit Webjet’s Travel Visa Service page
Any deposits paid at the time of purchase are non-refundable.
16 May 2019*
30 May 2019
06 June 2019
13 Jun 2019
20 Jun 2019
27 Jun 2019*
18 July 2019
01 August 2019
08 August 2019
15 August 2019*
22 August 2019*
29 August 2019*
05 September 2019
12 September 2019
01 November 2019*
20 November 2019*
Seasonal surcharge: *$450 per person
Bookings not accepted when within 45 days of departure
Availability on departure dates listed in Fine Print is subject to change. True availability is shown on the availability calendar after clicking on the BOOK NOW button
- Premium Carrier: Return economy flights departing Sydney or Melbourne with Qantas Airlines
- Chinese Carrier: Return economy flights departing Sydney or Melbourne with China Southern or similar
- Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth – a $300 per person interstate surcharge applies
- Including minimum 23kg of checked baggage per passenger
- One return flight is supplied per voucher
- Names cannot be changed once flights have been booked
- The flights remain non-refundable at all times
- Note that the total length of the package includes time spent in-flight as specified in the itinerary
- Some flights may depart a day before/after, involve up to 2 transits, stopover or a substitute airline. These changes are beyond our control and will be confirmed upon booking
- Once your flights are confirmed and ticketed, flights are non-refundable and non-changeable. Full names (First, Middle and Surname) as per passport must be provided for ticketing
- Please note, flight itineraries will not be provided until 30 days prior to departure. If your travel dates are within 30 days of purchase you will be provided with your itinerary within 7 days
- Please select the deal option with your preferred airline choice
- Airline schedule changes or cancellations can happen from time to time and are beyond our control. The customer is responsible for reviewing their flight schedule prior to their departure. Webjet Exclusives endeavours to assist customers where possible, however, should any change or cancellation occur, please contact your Travel Insurance provider to check whether you are covered by your policy
If you wish to modify the promotional airfare included in your Webjet Exclusives package, the following flight variations can be requested:
- Early arrival
- Late departure
- Upgrade to Premium Economy or Business Class where available
- Airline of your choice where available
A $250 per person “breakaway” charge will apply per person plus any applicable fare and tax difference.
In order to obtain a quote for your requested variations, you must purchase your vouchers first and submit your request via the online booking form. On this form will be a section highlighted “Flight Quote Request”. You must complete the mandatory information in this section to be provided with an accurate quote.
PLEASE NOTE: No flight requests/quotes/upgrades will be actioned until your final payment has been made. After this, you will be contacted in relation to your request. Payment of the breakaway fee and any applicable fare and tax difference must be paid at time of quotation in order to confirm your flights.
Flights are booked in departure date order and we endeavour to send you this information 30 days before departure, if not sooner.
Once flights have been confirmed and ticketed, any voluntary changes made thereafter will incur a change fee plus any fare and tax difference.
Stay behind surcharge:
If you wish to extend your trip, a $250 per person breakaway charge will apply (subject to availability and applicable fare difference). Your stay behind request must be submitted when completing your booking form. Only the return date can be altered.
Extending your trip:
If you wish to alter or extend your trip, please purchase your voucher first and submit a request on your booking form.
Please note, if you have selected a breakaway, airport transfers (if applicable) will not be provided.