- Return international flights with either Emirates or Singapore Airlines
- Return airport transfers by rail
- Option to extend the stay fee-free with Flexi Flights
- 11 nights’ twin share hotel accommodation
- All luggage transfer between hotels, plus to the airport upon the conclusion of the tour
- Delicious daily breakfast
- Scenic rail travel, including along the Golden Pass Line, Bernina Express and Glacier Express, all with seat reservations
- Day excursion to Jungfraujoch
- Guided tour of Chur, Switzerland’s oldest town
- Welcome drink in Zermatt
- Boat cruise from Lucerne to Flüelen
- Services of an English-speaking Tour Director throughout
- Exclusive offer! Book now and get $100 spending money for your trip when you open an HSBC Everyday Global Account*, visit our Promotions page for more detail
- Have a day to meander the laneways of Zurich’s Old Town, admire the works inside the city’s excellent galleries and museums, and appreciate the architecture of Grossmünster
- See Lucerne’s restored Chapel Bridge, one of the oldest wooden bridges in Europe, and set out on the famous Gotthard route towards the Italian-influenced the city of Lugano
- Board the Bernina Bus to reach Tirano and then embark on the Bernina Express through UNESCO-protected landscapes and past remote glaciers to arrive in the glitzy resort town of St. Moritz
- Venture into the Rhone Gorge, over the striking Oberalp Pass and through the Rhone Valley while taking the legendary Glacier Express to Zermatt, home of the majestic Matterhorn
- Make for Montreux on the shores of Lake Geneva, and continue to Interlaken for an incredible excursion to Jungfraujoch, the highest railway in Europe
Travel on some of the world’s most renowned train journeys on a 14 day Spectacular Switzerland by Rail.
Arrive into Zurich and have a day of independent exploration to acquaint yourself with this contemporary city. There is more to Zurich than just its banks and commercial clout, and travellers have a wealth of museums and galleries, quaint laneways in the Old Town, and gorgeous lookout points to uncover. Continue to Lucerne, a city located on the banks of Lake Lucerne that is regarded as a key gateway into central Switzerland. There is no need to worry about what to do with your luggage while aboard this train journey – or for any of the rail voyages featured in the tour, for that matter. A luggage transfer is included for all of your rail trips, meaning your suitcases are sent ahead to your destination and will be waiting at your hotel upon your arrival – an incredible convenience! And with no need to keep an eye on your bags as you travel, all that is left for you to do is sit back and enjoy the passing landscape of some of Switzerland’s most spectacular countryside.
Move into the Italian-influenced canton on Ticino as you set out for Lugano while following the famous Gotthard route. This trip includes a paddle steamer ride across Lake Lucerne to Flüelen! Have an evening to soak in the Mediterranean-style atmosphere of Lugano ahead of taking the Bernina Bus to Tirano and then the Bernina Express to St. Moritz. The latter journey is astoundingly scenic and encompasses UNESCO-protected landscapes. Use free time in St. Moritz to shop in its high-end boutiques or head out to the slopes of neighbouring mountains. Settle into a panoramic carriage aboard the Glacier Express to reach Zermatt, located at the foothills of the mighty Matterhorn, and enjoy a day at leisure in this classic resort town. While away an afternoon in Montreux by ambling its waterfront promenade or visiting the island-perched Chateau de Chillon. Then, upon reaching Interlaken, head up to the highest railway in Europe at Jungfraujoch on a fantastic guided excursion. Be sure to have your camera poised at the ready to capture the views from this lofty location – so high it is nicknamed the ‘Top of Europe’! Finally, navigate the Brunig Pass on the return trip to Zurich.
How to book:
- Bookings essential
- Voucher valid for 1 person (must purchase 2 vouchers)
- Must book minimum 65 days prior to departure
- Book early to secure your desired date and time
- A deposit of $499 per person is due at the time of purchase in order to secure your date
- All peak season surcharges, interstate surcharges (if applicable) and single supplements (if applicable) are also due at the time of purchase and will be reflected at the checkout stage
- Final payment is due 120 days prior to travel. If you book within 120 days of travel, you will be sent an invoice within 7 days for final payment
- Up to 12 Months Interest Free available: https://exclusives.webjet.com.au/up-to-12-months-interest-free/
- Invoices will be emailed to you in advance and it is your responsibility to ensure payments are made prior to the due date
- All payments received are strictly non-refundable and non-transferable
- Should final payment not be received by the due date, your booking will be cancelled and all prior payments will remain strictly non-refundable
- Your tour is subject to availability at the time of your booking. We advise you to book early to avoid disappointment
Documentation: Documentation will be provided after final payment is complete and within 2-3 weeks of travel, including E-Ticket instructions, hotel confirmation, itinerary extension & optional tour confirmation (where applicable) and destination travel tips.
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned or “optional” or “own account” in the itinerary.
Single Supplement: $1,199 per person in addition to 1 x twin share price. Please note that many hotels in Europe will provide single bedding for solo travellers. This doesn’t affect room facilities, which means you will enjoy the same level of service. To purchase your single supplement please click here.
As a single traveller, indulge in the spacious amenities of your own hotel room. Travelling by yourself will ensure your trip is not only memorable but truly exclusive!
Tour Only: To purchase this tour without return international flights, please click on the yellow Tour Only button. Please note, if you have selected Tour Only option, the rail passes are to be collected at Zurich International Airport only. Unfortunately, there are no alternative collection arrangements available for rail tickets. You must collect your documentation at Zurich airport on the date you select under Tour Only calendar option.
Triple Share: Not available
Group Sizes: 10 – 20
Accommodation: The accommodation listed below may be subject to change, but will remain of a similar or higher standard. Any changes remain beyond our control and all efforts are made to communicate these as soon as possible. We endeavour to always book non-smoking rooms however these cannot be guaranteed. Rooms offered are based on a lead in room type and any bedding configuration preferences are on a request basis only.
Zermatt: Bristol or similar
Lucerne: Waldstaetterhof or similar
Lugano: Continental-Parkhotel or similar
St Moritz: Baeren or similar
Zermatt: Derby or similar
Monrteux: Helvetie or similar
Interlaken: Chalet Swiss or similar
Bedding: 1 x double bed or 2 x single beds
Please note, all bedding configurations are on the request basis only and cannot be guaranteed.
Maximum room capacity: 2 people
Triple share: Not available
Sightseeing: Please note that guided tours specified in the tour itinerary are based on seat-in-coach shared experiences with a small group of other travellers
Trains: The train ride from Zurich airport to the city centre is approximately 10 minutes. Seat reservations are included on all scenic trains as per the tour inclusions. You will be given suggested timetables for local trains without reservation, which includes your final rail transfer from Interlaken to Zurich Airport. This is to ensure you are in full control of your journey with the ability to best match your airport transfer to your departure flight.
Itinerary: Please note the tour itinerary is subject to change without prior notice based upon weather, traffic condition and other unforeseen occurrences.
Health: Different levels of travel involve varying degrees of activity and we recommend a good level of fitness and health in order to fully experience the package and optional tours purchased, including site-seeing by foot, climbing of stairs or extended day touring. It remains each passenger’s responsibility to inform Webjet Exclusives of any health or mobility issues that may impact the running of the tour, both for the safety of the passenger concerned and for other travellers in the group.
Travel Insurance: We strongly recommend that all customers purchase Travel Insurance as soon as they make a purchase on our website. Help cover yourself for the unexpected with Webjet Travel Insurance, we highly recommend it. Click here for a quote.
Visas: Visas are not included. It is the traveller’s responsibility to ensure they meet the visa requirements for the country they are visiting. Webjet Exclusives is unable to provide visa advice.
For Visa assistance, please visit Webjet’s Travel Visa Service page
$100 spending money offer valid for any Webjet Exclusives tour or resort booking made at www.exclusives.webjet.com.au. Eligible bookings will receive a unique account application link from Webjet Exclusives via email within 72 hours of making a booking. Any HSBC Everyday Global Account applications not made via this link or if the booking is cancelled, the offer will not be fulfilled/paid. One (1) offer will be paid per booking. The offer is a 100 AUD deposit into the newly opened HSBC Everyday Global Accounts and the activated Visa Debit card. The offer may take up to 6 weeks to be fulfilled/paid. Webjet Exclusives reserves the right to withdraw this promotion at any time. The email address entered at the time of booking will be used as the primary contact. Webjet Exclusives’ standard booking terms and conditions apply. For more information go to www.hsbc.com.au/accounts/offers/everyday-global/webjet/