- Return Air Canada flights, including 23 kilograms of checked luggage
- One-way flight from Nome to Vancouver
- 16 nights on a Hurtigruten Expedition Cruise, aboard the MS Roald Amundsen, including all meals while on-board, with early-riser and afternoon treats and all-day coffee and tea
- 3 nights’ twin share accommodation in Vancouver, including porterage
- Delicious daily breakfast
- Airport transfers in Nome
- On-shore exploration with the Expedition Team, plus a series of included activities while aboard and a range of in-depth lectures covering science, history, biology and geology
- Wind- and water-resistant jackets, plus loan of boots, trekking poles and equipment needed for included and optional activities
- English-speaking Expedition Team
- Free Wi-Fi on-board the cruise
- Welcome and farewell events on-board the cruise
- Port presentations offering detailed destination insight
- Exclusive offer! Book now and get $100 spending money for your trip when you open an HSBC Everyday Global Account and activate your new Visa Debit Card*. Visit our Promotions page for more detail
- Explore Vancouver before boarding the MS Roald Amundsen, a cutting-edge expedition ship that is environmentally-conscious
- Weave through the channels and straits of Canada’s Inside Passage, and scan the pristine waters for graceful dolphins, porpoise and whales
- Visit Ketchikan and sail into Sitka to learn about its Russian heritage
- Take in Icy Strait Point, and have a camera at the ready to capture the awe-inspiring beauty of Hubbard Glacier and Disenchantment Bay
- Look out for brown bears on a visit to Katmai National Park and Preserve
- Sail into Dutch Harbour and stroll around the town centre, enjoy shore excursions to St. Paul and St. Matthew Islands, and disembark in Nome to discover its Gold Rush history
Venture to the far-flung landscape of glaciers, untouched isles and frontier towns on a 22 day Alaska Inside Passage and Aleutian Islands expedition cruise.
Your home base for this extraordinary journey is the MS Roald Amundsen. Launching in 2019, the MS Roald Amundsen is unlike traditional expedition vessels; not only is it leading the way in sustainable travel (powered by electrical propulsion) but it also delivers an incredible on-board experience. Passengers can attend insightful lectures and presentations delivered by the expert Expedition Team and make use of the ship’s world-class facilities such as a wellness centre, swimming pool and three restaurants.
You have some time in Vancouver for independent exploration and sightseeing before embarking on the expedition cruise. Unpack in your cabin or suite and settle into sailing life as the MS Roald Amundsen begins the journey through Canada’s Inside Passage. Weave through the waters surrounding British Columbia – looking out for some of the extraordinary local wildlife along the way – and make the expedition’s first port in Ketchikan. It is then onto Sitka and Icy Strait Point. Learn about indigenous Tlingit culture, see collections of totem poles and take in local architecture at all three ports.
One of the standout sites of the cruise is sure to be Hubbard Glacier. No photos can do this epic landscape justice; it must be seen to be believed. The itinerary sees the ship move around the Gulf of Alaska and to the Alaska Panhandle before arriving in Kodiak and then Kinak Bay. There is a shore excursion through Katmai National Park and Preserve to discover the Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes where you may come across a brown bear feeding along the river. Other stops that follow include Unga Village, an abandoned settlement; Dutch Harbour, a prominent location in Deadliest Catch TV series; St. Paul and St. Matthew Islands; and finally, Nome in Alaska.
How to book:
- Bookings essential
- Voucher valid for 1 person (must purchase 2 vouchers)
- Must book minimum 65 days prior to departure, whichever is earlier
- Book early to secure your desired date and time
- A deposit of $3,500 per person is due at the time of purchase in order to secure your date.
- All peak season surcharges, interstate surcharges (if applicable) and single supplements (if applicable) are also due at the time of purchase and will be reflected at the checkout stage.
- Final payment is due 120 days prior to travel. If you book within 120 days of travel, you will be sent an invoice within 7 days for final payment.
- Up to 12 Months Interest Free available: https://exclusives.webjet.com.au/up-to-12-months-interest-free/
- Invoices will be emailed to you in advance and it is your responsibility to ensure payments are made prior to the due date
- Should payment not be received by the due date, your booking will be cancelled and all prior payments will remain strictly non-refundable.
- Your tour is subject to availability at the time of your booking. We advise you to book early to avoid disappointment.
Documentation will be provided after final payment is complete and before 30 days of travel, including E-Ticket instructions, hotel confirmation, itinerary extension & optional tour confirmation (where applicable) and destination travel tips.
- Transfers to and from Vancouver airport
- Shore Excursions
- Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses
- Luggage handling
- Anything not mentioned or ‘optional’ in the itinerary
Polar Outside Cabin – $12,999 per person in addition to the twin share price
Arctic Superior Cabin– $15,999 per person in addition to the twin share price
Expedition Suite Cabin– $18,999 per person in addition to the twin share price
You can purchase your single supplement by clicking here.
Triple Share: Not available
Group size: From 2 people, please note this is an independent tour, and as such, you will enjoy the company of fellow cruise passengers while sailing. There is a maximum number of 500 people aboard the cruise.
Children: Same price as adults. Min age 7 years.
Tour Only: Unfortunately, tour only option (tour without the international flights) is not available for this deal.
The accommodation listed below may be subject to change but will remain of a similar or higher standard. Any changes remain beyond our control and all efforts are made to communicate these as soon as possible. We endeavour to always book non-smoking rooms however these cannot be guaranteed
Vancouver – Sheraton Wall Centre or similar
Interconnecting/adjoining rooms: Can be requested however not guaranteed. Please submit a request when filling out your booking form.
Bedding configuration: 1 x double bed or 2 single beds
Room capacity: 2 people
Expedition cruise: MS Roald Amundsen – the state of the art vessel features new and environmentally sustainable hybrid technology that will reduce fuel consumption and show the world that hybrid propulsion on large ships is possible. The future of shipping will be silent and emission free. MS Roald Amundsen will lead the way towards an even more sustainable way of travelling. Sailing on electrical power is not only a great benefit for the environment, but it will also enhance the impact of experiencing nature for the guests.
- Year built: 2019
- Shipyard: Kleven Yards
- Passenger capacity: 530
- Gross tonnage: 20 889 T
- Length: 140
- Speed: 15 knots
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science programme, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introduction photo lecture, camera adjustment and tips & tricks, photo and film footage from the voyage shared in an Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the Expedition Team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the Expedition Team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
RR Polar Outside Cabins – primarily located on the middle decks, most 20 square meters, some with a sofabed and TV. Bedding Configuration – 1 x double bed. Twin beds on request only and cannot be guaranteed.
XT Arctic Superior Cabins – comfortable and roomy accommodation, most with balconies, sofabeds, TV, tea and coffee making facilities. Bedding Configuration – 1 x double bed or 2 x single beds
ME Expedition Suite Cabins – large, well-appointed cabins with expansive windows and most have balconies, sofa, TV, minibar, bathrobe, kettle, tea and coffee, espresso maker. Expedition suites are exclusively in upper and mid-deck locations. Bedding Configuration – 1 x double bed or 2 x single beds
Itinerary: Please note, tour itinerary is subject to change without prior notice based upon weather, a traffic condition and other unforeseen occurrences.
Coach transportation: Where group sizes are not sufficient to use a full-sized coach, we reserve the right to use a smaller coach on the same level of comfort.
Towards the end of your tour:
If you have enjoyed the knowledge, service and expertise of your tour guide and driver a tip (while not compulsory) is appropriate towards the end of your tour. While it may not be customary in Australia, tipping is entrenched into many cultures especially within the tourism industry globally. It helps reward and inspire excellent service. The following is provided to assist our guests, but we leave the decision to provide a gratuity entirely at their discretion:
The group leader: Our past guests have left gratuities based on their overall service of CAD $6 per person per day
The driver & assistant: Our past guests have left gratuities based on their overall service of CAD $4 per person per day
Gratuities aren’t compulsory on your trip, but they can make a big difference to locals employed in the tourism industry. Your guide will hand around two envelopes towards the end of the tour (1 Tour Guide and 1 Driver envelope) to make the process as easy as possible.
Health: Different levels of travel involve varying degrees of activity and we recommend a good level of fitness and health in order to fully experience the package and some of the optional tours purchased. It remains each passenger’s responsibility to inform Webjet Exclusives of any health or mobility issues that may impact the running of the tour, both for the safety of the passenger concerned and for other travellers in the group.
Visas: Visas are not included. It is the traveller’s responsibility to ensure they meet the visa requirements for the country they are visiting. Webjet Exclusives is unable to provide visa advice.
For Visa assistance, please visit Webjet’s Travel Visa Service page
Travel Insurance: Help cover yourself for the unexpected with Webjet Travel Insurance, we highly recommend it. Click here for a quote
Any deposits paid at the time of purchase are non-refundable.
$100 spending money offer valid for any Webjet Exclusives tour or resort booking made at www.exclusives.webjet.com.au. Eligible bookings will receive a unique account application link from Webjet Exclusives via email within 72 hours of making a booking. Any HSBC Everyday Global Account applications not made via this link or if the booking is cancelled, the offer will not be fulfilled/paid. One (1) offer will be paid per booking. The offer is a 100 AUD deposit into the newly opened HSBC Everyday Global Accounts and the activated Visa Debit card. The offer may take up to 6 weeks to be fulfilled/paid. Webjet Exclusives reserves the right to withdraw this promotion at any time. The email address entered at the time of booking will be used as the primary contact. Webjet Exclusives’ standard booking terms and conditions apply. For more information go to www.hsbc.com.au/accounts/offers/everyday-global/webjet/